Friday, July 23, 1999

July 23, 1999

Archived update from Cigarettes & Coffee, run by Greg Mariotti & CJ Wallis from 1999-2005

PT on the Set of Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut
Because of the nature of the material--and also because it's how Kubrick always worked--filming on Eyes was an intensely intimate affair. Kubrick himself usually manned the camera, allowing only a handful of crew on the set. One outsider permitted to watch the proceedings was 29-year-old Boogie Nights director Paul Thomas Anderson (Cruise, who'll be appearing in Anderson's follow-up, Magnolia, smuggled him past security). "Kubrick had a really small crew," recalls Anderson. "I asked him, 'Do you always work with so few people?' He gave me this look and said, 'Why? How many people do you need?' I felt like such a Hollywood a--hole."
Aimee Mann label troubles/Magnolia music
Among the most publicized dropees has been ex-'Til Tuesday singer Aimee Mann, who's become the martyred poster child for axed artists. Last January, the critically admired Geffen singer played her third solo album to her new bosses. (The record includes tracks that may be featured in Paul Thomas Anderson's December movie, Magnolia.) "At first they told us they liked [it]," says Mann's manager, Michael Hausman. "But later we found out they didn't like it so much. I met with Jimmy [Iovine, former Interscope cohead-turned-Interscope Geffen A&M cochair], and he was like, 'You'll have to excuse me, it's so crazy here--we're merging bathrooms.' I've got an artist who spent two years making a record, and this guy's telling me about bathrooms." In early May, Mann received official word she'd been let go. Adding insult to penury, to take her unreleased record elsewhere, she must first buy back the master tapes from UMG, which could run into several hundred thousand dollars. (UMG would not comment on the status of these negotiations.)

5 comments:

  1. It's a great review. It was nice to see this here. This post is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, creating the posts that have to be presented on discussion boards is regarded as one of the chief components of online studies. Need help with it? Take a look at this page https://specialessays.com/write-my-discussion-board-post/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your contributions will be the best motivation for us to improve our work. I have a website for you to choose subway surfers

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many blogs I have read. But when I read Your Blogs I have found such useful information, fresh content with such amazing editing everything is superb in your blog. Thank you so much for sharing this useful and informative information with us.

    online delivery pharmacy in kota

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so Happy to write this article because I know it will help a lot of people who are suffering from Herpes. I am here to testify about the wonderful and most safe cure for herpes . I was positive to the deadly Virus called herpes and I lost hope completely because I was rejected even by my closest friends. I searched online to know and inquire about a cure for herpes and I saw testimony online on how Herbalist Valchy cured so many people from Herpes virus and other similar diseases. I decided to contact the great herbalist because I know that nature has the power to heal everything. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural roots and herbs. After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure is ready and he sent it to me via UPS and it got to me after 4 days. I used the medicine as he instructed (morning and evening ) and I got cured. it's really like a dream but I'm so happy that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me and if you need his help, contact him via Email: herbalistvalchynaturalremedies@gmail.com or WhatsApp:+2347036769718 reachout to his website https://herbalistvalchynaturalremedies.simdif.com/     

    ReplyDelete